HONOR has announced Magic V, the company’s first foldable phone, as it had promised. It has a 7.9 inches FHD+ 90Hz OLED foldable inner screen with magnetron nano-optical film with a reflectivity of less than 1.5% and there is a 6.45-inch FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED external screen with drop-resistant curved nano-glass-ceramic. Both the screens use BOE. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB of RAM.
It uses a water drop hinge, which consists of 213 parts and claims to have a lifespan of 200,000 folding times. There are triple rear cameras that includes 50MP main, 50MP ultra-wide and a 50MP ultra spectrum camera that was first introduced in the HUAWEI P50 Pocket. In addition, there is a 8×8 dTOF laser focus. There is a 42MP selfie camera on the inside and the outside.
The black model has an AG glass, and the orange model comes with a leather finish. The silver model has thin vertical stripes printed under the glass. It packs a 4,750mAh battery with support for 66W wired fast charging.
Honor Magic V specifications
- 7.9-inch (2272 × 1984 Pixels) FHD+ OLED 10.3:9 aspect ratio display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1920Hz high frequency PWM eye protection, HDR10+, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Reflectivity less than 1.5% with new generation of magnetron nano-optical film
- 6.45-inch (2560 × 1080 Pixels) FHD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1920Hz high frequency PWM eye protection, HDR10+, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB RAM with 256GB storage / 512GB storage
- Magic UI 6.0 based on Android 12)
- Dual SIM
- 50MP Camera with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, 50MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Ultra Spectrum Camera with f/2.0 aperture, 8×8 dTOF laser autofocus
- 42MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 160.4 x 141.1mm (72.7mm when folded) ×6.7(14.3 when folded) mm; Weight: 288g (leather) / 293g (glass)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4750mAh (typical) battery with 66W Super fast wired fast charging
The HONOR Magic V is priced at 9,999 yuan (US$ 1568 / Rs. 1,16,160 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB version and the 12GB + 512GB version costs 10999 yuan (US$ 1725 / Rs. 1,27,795 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from January 18.