Now AirTags has been out for almost a year you may have noticed your battery life dropping low, or worse dying completely depending on how much you’ve needed to use them. But don’t worry as we are going to show you how you can quickly change the battery in under a minute.
Before you start, you will want to purchase a CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery, or multiple ones if you need to replace the batteries in multiple Apple AirTags.
Replace your AirTag battery
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate anticlockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and battery.
- Insert a new CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery (available at most electronic stores and
pharmacies) with the positive side facing up. You’ll hear a sound indicating that the battery has been connected.
CR2032 batteries with bitterant coatings may not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the alignment of the coating in relation to the battery contacts.
- Replace the cover, making sure that the three tabs on the cover align with the three slots on the AirTag.
- Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops.
There you go it is that simple! Make sure you check all our Apple AirTag accessories on the Mobile Fun store and check out our YouTube video below for a more detailed look.