At the HUAWEI Spring 2022 Smart Office launch event, the company has unveiled seven new products that includes the MatePad Paper, the company’s first E-Ink tablet along with all-in-one PC, a new 2-in-1 laptop, HarmonyOS tablet, printer, and a new portable speaker.
The MatePad Paper sports a 10.3-inch FullView E-Ink display with a resolution of 1872 x 1404 pixels, 86.3% screen-t0-body ratio and supports smart refresh rate. It is powered by a Hexa-core processor paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. As for the connectivity, it supports Wi-Fi 6 with 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, OTG, USB 2.0, and wireless screen projection.
This E-Ink tablet comes with a second generation HUAWEI M-Pencil which magnetically attaches to the frame of HUAWEI MatePad Paper and has a latency of 26ms and has 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity. As for the software, the MatePad Paper runs on HarmonyOS 2 which supports tiny widgets, split screen, templates, support for converting handwritten notes to text, notes encryption, etc. It also supports content transfer from smartphone, laptop.
Lastly, it features a fingerprint scanner on the power button, packs a 3625 mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging.
HUAWEI MatePad Paper specifications
- 10.3-inches (1872 x 1404 pixels) E-Ink display, 86.3% screen-t0-body ratio, smart refresh rate
- Hexa-core processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Wi-Fi 6 with 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, OTG, Type-C, USB 2.0, Wireless screen projection; Gravity sensor, Hall sensor, Fingeprint sensor
- Dual speakers, 4 microphones, HUAWEI Histen 7.0 Sound Effect
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dimensions: 225.2 mm height x 182.7 mm width x 6.65 mm depth; Weight: 360g
- Second generation HUAWEI M-Pencil; 26ms latency, 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity
- 3625mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging support, 10 minutes of charge offers 8h of use, Charge for 1h for 6 days of power
Pricing and availability
The MatePad Paper is priced at €499 (US$ 558 / Rs. 42,060 approx.) and will be available soon in Europe.