iQOO today introduced its iQOO U5, a mid-range 5G smartphone, in China. It packs a 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 90.61% screen-to-body ratio, 8MP punch-hole front camera, is powered by Snapdragon 695 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM, and has a 50MP + 2MP dual rear cameras.
The phone runs Android 12 out of the box, with the latest OriginOS Ocean on top. It has a plastic back, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
iQOO U5 specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 12 with OriginOS Ocean
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164x 75.84x 8.25mm; Weight: 185g
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fastcharging
The iQOO U5 comes in Black, Blue and White colours and is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 15,300 approx.) for 4GB+128GB, 1399 yuan (US$ 219 / Rs. 16,480 approx.) for 6GB+128GB and 1499 yuan (US$ 235 / Rs. 17,655 approx.) for 8GB+128GB version. It is available to order and will go on sale in China from January 1st.