ZTE’s nubia brand just announced the nubia Z40 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China, as it had promised. It retains the 6.67-inch FHD+ 144Hz FHD+ AMOLED screen from the predecessor, but this has Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC with up to 16GB of RAM, triple rear cameras the includes a 64MP main camera with custom Sony IMX787 flagship sensor and offers 35mm equivalent portrait focal length. There is a 50MP ultrawide camera and an 8MP periscope camera.
The phone Multi-dimensional cooling system that includes heat dissipation area up to 35,000mm² that includes Liquid cooling, VC soaking plate and several layers of graphite sheet. The phone has an AG glass back, 500mAh battery with 80W fast charging, and there is a special edition with a smaller 4600mAh battery, but this includes the world’s first Android magnetic wireless charging tech at 15W and 66W wired charging.
nubia Z40 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with MyOS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX787 sensor, OIS, 35mm lens, 50MP 116° ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope telephoto lens with OIS, 9x Hybrid Zoom, f/ 3.4 aperture, Laser focus sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual smart PA, Stereo dual speakers, DTS: X Ultra
- Dimensions:161.93×72.89×8.46mm; Weight:199g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 80W fast charging / 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging, 15W magnetic wireless charging
The nubia Z40 Pro comes in Interstellar Black and Galaxy Silver colours, pricing as follows.
- Z40 Pro 8GB + 128GB – 3399 yuan (US$ 538 / Rs. 40,540)
- Z40 Pro 8GB + 256GB – 3699 yuan (US$ 585 / Rs. 44,110)
- Z40 Pro 12GB + 256GB – 3999 yuan (US$ 633 / Rs. 47,725)
- Z40 Pro 12GB + 512GB – 4499 yuan (US$ 712 / Rs. 53,690)
- Z40 Pro Special Edition 12GB + 256GB – 4299 yuan (US$ 680 / Rs. 51,305)
- Z40 Pro Special Edition 16GB + 1TB – 5999 yuan (US$ 950 / Rs. 71,555)
- Magnetic charger 15W – 119 yuan (US$ 18.8 / Rs. 1,420 approx.)
- Magnetic Car charger 15W- 169 yuan (US$ 26 / Rs. 2,015 approx.)
- Magnetic Charging 1000mAh Power Bank 15W + 20WPD – 249 yuan (US$ 39 / Rs. 2,970 approx.)
The phone is available to order from today and will go on sale in China from March 2nd.