Redmi just announced the Redmi K50G, the company’s latest top-end gaming phone in the K series in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ flexible OLED screen from CSOT with 120Hz high refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 1,920Hz PWM color adjustment, TrueColor and MEMC technology. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, has a 4860mm² large dual vapor chambers and large-area graphite to keep the temperature down.
The Redmi K50G is the world’s first device equipped with CyberEngine X-axis motor 1016, currently a leader in size amongst Android X-axis motors, says Redmi. The 1016 motor vibration frequency covers 50Hz-500Hz, which can achieve a richer vibration effect. MIUI has also customized 95 daily scenarios to take advantage of this motor’s performance, says the company.
The Redmi K50G has dual 1115 subwoofers and dual 0611 tweeters for a quad speaker setup to complement treble and effectively extending the frequency response range to 12,000Hz. There are three Wi-Fi antennas, so it can effectively reduce game latency by 30% compared to traditional dual Wi-Fi antennas. It also Wi-Fi 6E. The upgraded dedicated gaming triggers feature a total of eight pop-up magnets improving button stability, and the button fretting has been upgraded to silicone, which rebounds faster and reduces finger fatigue after long periods of gaming. Dedicated gaming buttons now also support customization, allowing users to customize the hotkeys.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 2MP telemacro camera, same as the predecessor. The phone packs a 4,700mAh large battery with 120W Xiaomi HyperCharge fast charging that can charge the phone up to 100% in just 17 minutes.
It features a 16 million-color notification light built into the camera module. Redmi has partnered with Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, for the special edition Redmi K50G that is limited to 10,000 units worldwide. This incorporates design elements of the AMG Petronas team and comes with a 120W GaN charger in the box.
Redmi K50G specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + 10-bit display, MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 (6400Mbps) RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 (6400Mbps) RAM 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX596
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Symmetrical four-unit wideband speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 162.5x 76.7 x 8.5mm; Weight: 210g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 120W hyper charge fast charging
The Redmi K50G comes in black, blue, and silver, and is priced at 3,299 yuan (US$ 520 / Rs. 39,040 approx.) for 8GB+128GB, 3,599 yuan (US$ 567 / Rs. 42,605 approx.) for 12GB+128GB and the 12GB+256GB model costs 3,899 yuan (US$ 614 / Rs. 46,145 approx.).
The Redmi K50G Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team Edition is priced at 4,199 yuan (US$ 662 / Rs. 49,720 approx.) for the single 12GB+256GB version. It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from February 18th.