Along with the Redmi K50G, the company also introduced the Redmi Router AX5400, its first gaming router. This has 2.5G ethernet port which can be used for gaming specifically or external NAS device plug-ins. The Wi-Fi 6 route features 16 million-color RGB lighting effects and game acceleration plug-ins. It is also hybrid Mesh network compatible with all Xiaomi Wi-Fi 6 routers, allowing users to achieve ideal network coverage at home.
This has 6 independent high-performance FEMs—high-performance independent signal amplifiers. The router automatically recognize mobile game scenarios and reduce delay by up to 20%, says the company.
Redmi Router AX5400 features and specifications
- up to 5400 Mbps 802.11 ax Wi-Fi speed
- 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm IPQ5018 SoC+ 1GHz NPU, 512MB
- 4 external omnidirectional antennas for natural heat dissipation
- OFDMA+MU-MIMO technology allows multiple antennas of the router to serve multiple devices at the same time, offering the best experience
- Support for mesh networking to connect multiple routers
- Up to 248 connected devices
- Real time monitoring, parental controls with Mi Wi-Fi app on Android and iOS
- 7 (top status indicator × 1, network port light × 5, ambient light × 1)
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE encryption
- 3 10/100/1000M auto-adaptive LAN ports (Auto MDI/MDIX) , 1x 10/100 / 1000M adaptive WAN port (Auto MDI / MDIX)
The Redmi Router AX5400 is priced at 599 yuan (US$ 94 / Rs. 7,090 approx.) and will be available in China starting February 18th.