Sony today launched the new BRAVIA XR Full Array LED X90K series TVs, powered by the Next Gen Cognitive Processor XR. Combined with the precision of a Full Array LED panel, XR Triluminos Pro and XR Contrast Booster promise supreme realism with deep blacks and intense brightness with wider colour gamut. The BRAVIA X90K series has multiple zones of LEDs that light up independently, allowing to adjust and create contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker with greater depth, textures.
With the latest XR 4K Upscaling and XR Motion Clarity technology, it offers 4K action that stays smooth, bright and clear with no blur. It has HDMI 2.1 compatibility, including 4K 120fps, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and e-ARC. It also has Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and IMAX Enhanced.
BRAVIA CORE offers the largest collection of IMAX enhanced movies with the highest quality Pure Stream 80mbps on BRAVIA XR TVs. There is XR sound positioning with Acoustic Multi Audio and XR Surround with 3D surround upscaling. Supreme pictures and sound in every environment with Ambient optimization, Light sensor and Acoustic auto calibration technology.
It has Google TV user interface with handsfree voice search, Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. Sony said that the Next Gen Cognitive Processor XR thinks like a human brain, providing a revolutionary experience that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content.
Regarding this, the company said:
While conventional Artificial Intelligence (AI) can only detect and analyze picture elements like color, contrast and detail individually, the new processor can cross-analyze an array of elements at once, just as our brains do. By doing so, each element is adjusted to its best outcome, in conjunction with each other, so everything is synchronized and lifelike – something that conventional AI cannot achieve.
The XR Cognitive Processor combined with the Full Array LED panel promise ultra-realistic picture quality, full of lifelike contrast. With the XR Contrast Booster, X90K series will offer vibrant colours and stunning contrast for supreme realism with deep blacks and intense brightness.
Sony BRAVIA XR X90K TV specifications
- Screen sizes: available in 55, 65. 75″ inches
- Display resolution: 3840×2160
- HDR: Yes (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Processor: Cognitive Processor XR
- On-board storage: 16GB
- Operating System: Android TV with Google TV
- Motion Enhancer: XR Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- Picture modes: Vivid, Standard, Cinema, IMAX Enhanced, Game, Graphics, Photo, Custom, Dolby Vision Bright, Dolby Vision Dark, Netflix calibrated
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz/5 GHz (for Wi-Fi Direct: 2.4 GHz Only)
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2, HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) 1/AVRCP (AV remote control)
- Ports: Ethernet input x1, RF x1, Composite Video Inputs x1, HDMI 2.1 inputs x3 with eARC/ARC, VRR and ALLM, USB ports x2
- Supports: Chromecast, Voice search including Alexa, Apple Airplay, Apple Homekit
- Audio Power Output: 10W+10W Full Range (Bass Reflex), 5W + 5W Tweeter, Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos
- Colors: Black with Dark silver metal slim blade Stand
Pricing and availability
- The 55-inch model (XR-55X90K) is priced at Rs. 1,29,990
- The 65-inch model (XR-65X90K) is priced at Rs. 1,79,990
Starting today, all the above models are available for purchase in all Sony Centers, major electronic stores, and e-commerce portals in India, while the pricing and availability of the 75-inch (XR-75X90K) model is scheduled to be announced soon.